In a brief demonstration in front of a Congressional committee, Richard Feynman shows that the Challenger disaster may have been caused by failed O-rings. Simple, straightforward, and visual – although note that no member could have seen the demonstration, they were really taking his word that his cup of ice water really showed the deadly effect. This is the heart of championing science – starting where the audience is, and helping them understand.
- Unspoken Ways Interviewers Evaluate Job Seekers – Insights to Help You Ace Your Next Interview
- Where Scientists Go Astray, Advice on How to Speak to be Better Understood
- Precision at the Expense of Impact Doesn’t Help Decision Makers
- Teaching STEM Grads How to Bridge Communication Gaps
- How to Show Up, Speak Up and Get Your Ideas Heard – Part 2